One of the oldest types of fuel known to men, firewood helps you start fire anywhere and anytime you might need it.
What types of firewood do we offer?
We offer two main types of firewood: hard firewood, such as oak, ash, hornbeam, and soft firewood logs, such as alder or pine.
- Oak – good if seasoned for 2 years or more, burns very slowly with a small flame;
- Ash – probably the finest burning log you will ever get your hands on, even burns when wet;
- Hornbeam – also known as ironwood, incredibly dense, excellent for firewood;
- Alder – quite dense with a distinctive orangey flesh. Once dry, it can actually be quite light in weight and, therefore, will burn quite quickly;
- Pine – must be well seasoned (dry), burns with a good flame, yet you might have to sweep your chimney more often.
Less moisture – more heat!
The drier the firewood, the less logs you will need to obtain clean and efficient burn with a maximum heat output. We offer both – kiln dried and natural moisture firewood.
What are the benefits of kiln dried firewood?
- Kiln dried firewood is free of insects and mould;
- Remains dry, always;
- Will produce more calories;
- Guaranteed to burn efficiently.
When can our firewood be used?
Our firewood logs can be used right away! Hardwood provides longer burning fire, the greatest total heating value per unit of volume and produces coal bed. Soft firewood burns faster and, once burned, does not produce a long-lasting coal bed.
Firewood can be split in 30/45/50cm logs. The boxes are of 2m3 for an intelligent choice or 1m3 for a practical one. Our firewood boxes are very easy to handle and really convenient for storage.